Tuesday, July 8, 2008

::Vintage Victorian-Inspired Burlesque Bra::

Hooray! It's finally done!

A few friends of mine inspired me to make this, and I'll definitely be making a lot more in the future. There's a huge shortage of Victorian-inspired lingerie these days, and a huge demand for it in certain circles. Now, this isn't something that you'll find in a store like Victoria's Secret for sure, but custom-made is more fantastic! There are a few other girls who sell these, too, and I think their work is great as well. Some include girdles to match and make it a set, which I may start doing after a while. For this one, I've found numerous panties here and there that would work great with it and are pretty cheap in a store.

This one will soon be listed on my Etsy store [probably at $35.00] along with all my handmade stationery and other handmade items. Yay!

I'm actually highly considering making a bra and pantie set very much along these lines for my wedding in September. Of course, I don't think it would work well under the dress itself, but I'm sure that my husband-to-be/partner-in-crime would be happy to see it later. And the ruffles are just fabulous! :)

Enjoy it and get inspired!





No comments: